Join me as I travel the world in search of the tastiest beer, smoothest wine and to die for chocolate. I am not an expert, just an enthusiast. I only write about places that are FUN.

This decade-long adventure is just beginning. I plan to travel extensively through North and South America, Europe and touch on Africa and Asia. I invite you to follow my journey and send me suggestions for places to visit. Thanks for reading my blog!

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/beerwinechocolate



Thursday, October 23, 2014

Blowing Rock, NC - Blowing Rock Alehouse and Inn

Blowing Rock Alehouse - definitely blog-worthy,

I have to be honest.  In the last year I have visited a number of brew pubs that I simply felt weren't blog-worthy.  This blog is all about places that offer quality beer, wine and chocolate in a fun or unique venue. Recently there have been too many new craft beer joints that produce mediocre product, offer the same old food, in an uninspired venue. They've just left me flat. That's why I was so happy to discover the Blowing Rock Ale House and Inn. This place has only been brewing beer for a year, and the product is excellent.  The ale house was originally an old lodge and has a warm intimate feeling inside. It still offers rooms on the upper floors. Since we visited with our pooch, we sat one of their outside tables on the front lawn, surrounded by colorful gardens.  That early Saturday evening there was a lively crowd both inside and out.


This happy couple was enjoying the beautiful evening.

We sampled a number of the artisan beers brewed at the ale house as well as the three brewed at their facility in Hickory, NC. They varied from a summer ale to a seasonal farmhouse peach to a hearty imperial stout, and I honestly liked them all. The brewmaster clearly knows what he's doing.


Great beer, great food and dog friendly!

In addition, the food was as good as we've ever had at a brew pub.  We started with mussels steamed in pilsner and followed with a ahi tuna and fried green tomato sandwich, accompanied with hand cut fries and marinated seasonal veggies. Perfectly prepared and presented, and so delicious.

The servers were friendly and kept us supplied with plenty of beer.  It was a memorable night in charming downtown Blowing Rock and a pleasure to finally find a new brew pub that is worth writing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment