Join me as I travel the world in search of the tastiest beer, smoothest wine and to die for chocolate. I am not an expert, just an enthusiast. I only write about places that are FUN.

This decade-long adventure is just beginning. I plan to travel extensively through North and South America, Europe and touch on Africa and Asia. I invite you to follow my journey and send me suggestions for places to visit. Thanks for reading my blog!

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/beerwinechocolate



Friday, March 28, 2014

Chattanooga, TN - Terminal Brewhouse

The Terminal Brewhouse all lit up at night. 

If you're looking for a place to go in Chattanooga for quality craft beer, a lively crowd and a tasty meal, look no further than the The Terminal Brewhouse . It's located on the south side of the city, across from the historic Chattanooga Choo Choo train station now transformed into an elegant hotel.  If you go on a Saturday night, just be prepared for a wait, since this place is popular. We arrived early hoping to beat the crowd, but no such luck. Even at 5 pm, we had to wait. Fortunately, two seats at the bar opened up before a table, so we grabbed them and had a prime spot to observe the ambiance. The bar service was excellent and it was only a minute or two before a flight of all their craft beer appeared before us. 

A beautiful flight of Terminal craft beer.

The beer tasted as good as it looked. It was hard to choose a favorite from the Belgian Wit, the Maibock, India Pale Ale, Stout, Copper and Nut Brown Ale. They were all well crafted and each had something a little special. 

The list of The Terminal's craft beers. 


The food was a notch above most brew pubs. You can get everything from pot roast nachos, bison burgers to five cheese pizza topped with mozzarella, cheddar, Parmesan, provolone and feta. My husband and I choose to share the salmon cakes drizzled with a jalepeno, cilantro, onion and bbq aioli. We could pick two sides, and we chose the fresh green beans and squash casserole which were especially tasty.
  

The food paired well with all the beer. 

By the time we left it was dark outside, the crowd had grown, and the wait was a little longer.  I smiled and told the folks waiting to stick it out.  The Terminal was well worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment